NWI Youth Football & Cheer
Participant & Parent Code of Conduct
- Support the team in a positive manner (pick them up, never put them down).
- Participants will not use alcohol and/or tobacco products.
- It is strictly prohibited for anyone to illegally use any controlled substance. Violation of this will result in immediate termination of league participation.
- Consistently display high standards of behavior. Always control your attitude, actions and language while attending NWI Youth Football and Cheer events. Do not engage in abusive and/or profane verbal or gestured attacks, including “trash talking” or taunting, towards any participant, coach, fan, an opposing team or game officials.
- Respect the rights, dignity, and worth of each and every person involved in the sport. Always be excepting to the abilities of all participants.
- Accept responsibility for your own behavior and performance, and do not argue with coaches and/or game officials.
- Abide by a coach and/or an official’s decision. Football players and parents must always accept decisions of the game officials on the field as being fair and called to their best ability.
- Do not engage in a physical attack, including but not limited to, the laying of a hand upon, pushing, shoving, striking, or kicking of any participant, coach, team representative, fan, or official.
- Do not deliberately incite unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Participants will not deliberately use rough tactics during practices and games.
- Any fan who becomes a nuisance and out of control shall be asked to leave.
- Keep track of all of your equipment and uniforms. You will be charged for anything that is lost, damaged due to misuse, or not turned in at end of season. (Football Only)
- Parents are responsible for getting and picking up their child on time to all practices and games.
- Although many parents may have coaching experience, please refrain from coaching skills that contradict program goals to your child. They are being taught to perform as a team, each participant is being taught a set of functions that their teammates can rely on.
*Any violation(s) of the Code of Conduct could result in a 1-2 week suspension or termination of league participation, which will be determined by the Board of Directors.